Outreach responseThe Great Commission Has Not Been Suspended
Love in Action! Outside the church walls!
- April 6th: We provided a pizza lunch to the 25 nurses at the Corona Care Center
- April 6th: We provided Chappy’s lunch to the 55 nurses and staff at Baptist South Hospital working in the Covid-19 Unit
- April 1st: We donated travel sizes toiletry products to the “Clean Machine” Hundreds of shampoos, conditioners, soaps, washcloths, shaving supplies, combs, and toothbrushes will bless the guests who use the “Clean Machine” to take a shower and wash clothes (as well as other local homeless organizations)
March 30th: We supplied lunch for the students of Hope Inspired Ministries. It was a blessing to partner with them as they continue their mission.
- March 25th: We hosted a blood drive – By partnering with the American Red Cross, we can help replenish blood supplies during a time when there is a severe blood shortage.
- We are reaching out to our vulnerable and senior parish members – By having the Vestry call each member of our parish weekly, we can identify those within our congregation that could need assistance.
- We are making masks! We are sending out homemade masks to hospitals, nursing homes, and other vulnerable!
- We are sending notes! The children of Christchurch are sending handwritten notes and pictures to brighten the days of homebound members.
Please follow our updates on social media for other ways that you can assist us in continuing to be the hands and feet of Jesus to our community. Please contact Katherine Akin at Katherine@christchurchanglican.net for more information or if you have any additional ways we can serve.
Serving opportunities(please click for more info)
Send a note to somebody homebound or to a medical personnel
- Make masks to donate
Volunteers Needed: Numerous agencies who serve those in need in our community are experiencing additional burdens due to the COVID-19 crisis. Christchurch is making a list of volunteers who are willing and able to help. As we learn about volunteer opportunities, we will share the information with you.
Want something to do as a family? Make Blessing Bags!
Shop responsibly, properly gloved and keeping a safe distance from others, purchasing gallon ziplock bags, bottled water, napkins, pop top or other preserved meat or protein, beef jerky, crackers, wet wipes, and something sweet like cookies and a Hershey kiss….add other things if desired. Have your family prepare a kind and loving note to include in each bag, perhaps mentioning the 211 Community Help Line.
Assemble it all and present these “Blessing Bags” for police officers or churches to give to those in need or keep a few in your car for the various neighbors in need around the community! Consider praying over the bags, for each hand that will touch the bags- whether the giver or the receiver.
An idea of what to write in the note:
May the items in this BLESSING BAG bring you nourishment and may you find eternal nourishment in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
We pray that you find the resources throughout the River Region to meet your needs. For any needs you may have, please call the
Community Resource Line/Hands On River Region by dialing: 211
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
May God bless you today and always.
Please donate supplies for the local homeless shelters. Items needed are:
If you have any items to donate, please contact Katherine Akin at Katherine@christchurchanglican.net. Thank you!
Put together a “Kit” – or donate items needed!
Infant/Toddler Supply Kit
|Diapers (sizes 1-5)|
|Diaper rash cream|
|Baby Bottles / Sippy Cups|
|Case of water|
|Non-perishable food items|
|Nursing Home Kit|
|Blanket or Throw|
|Coloring books / crayons|
|Cheese / Peanut Butter Crackers|